Sis Loveland

Sis Loveland

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

One week full of service and fun!!!!

So this week we have had many opportunities to serve a part member family in the cute little Hamilton Branch! We got to help them build a enclosed porch! (we were more the heavy lifers) We also played alot of softball with there 5 boys to keep them busy and out of the way! Goodness me am i sore from all of that fun work!!! :) We are going over again today to have Family home evening with them, we will be going on a Restoration treasure hunt!!! HAHA!!! Me and Sister Fausett are just a little creative :)

We also were kept very busy with teaching our investigators! WOW!!! We really dont ever have time to breathe! Between all the serves we do and the people we teach, I am honestly surprised that I can get up and walk everyday. We had a wonderful lesson with our some of our Less Actives about Temples and the Plan of Salvation. This week really was just full of all ups and lots and lots of spiritual moments!!! All I can say is I love being a missionary!!!

So this weeks email is a little short simply because I am a little short on time. We have lessons starting at 3 today and we have to also finish our Restoration treasure hunt. But being busy is a good thing :) Because that is a sign that people are truly prepared here in Hamilton! 

So this week we have been doing alot of focusing on the Doctrine of Christ. I absolutely love the Doctrine of Christ! There are so many chapters on the Book of Mormon that talks about the amazing Doctrine that Christ taught. My personal favorite chapter (even though i shouldn't have favorites) is 2 Nephi 31. Nephi teaches and testifies so simply the power of this doctrine! In verse 10-13 it reads; " And he said unto the children of man: Follow thou me. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, can we follow Jesus Save we shall be willing to keep the commandments of the Father? And the Father said: Repent ye, repent ye, and be baptized in the name of my Beloved Son. And also, the voice of the Son came unto me, saying: He that is baptized in my name, to him will the Father give the Holy Ghost, like unto me; wherefore, follow me, and do the things which ye have seen me do. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I know that if ye shall follow the Son, with full purpose of heart, acting no hypocrisy and no deception before God, but with real intent, repenting of your sins, witnessing unto the Father that ye are willing to take upon you the name of Christ, by baptism- yea, be following your Lord and your Savior down into the water, according to his word, behold, than shall ye receive the Holy Ghost; yea, then cometh the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost; and then can ye speak with the tongue of angels, and shout praises unto the Holy One of Israel." I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is so simple and so wonderful! I know that as we live the Gospel of Christ and let it sink deep in to our hearts and be firmly rooted to the marrow of our bones that no temptations can over come our faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ and that we will be able to keep the commandments in which He has given us for we will truly know that Jesus in the Christ.

I love you all and I am so grateful for all your love and support :) I would like to invite you all to pray and ask God the Eternal Father if this gospel is true, I know and I can promise you as you do this you will see you testimony grow and you will feel the spirit of the Lord more abundantly in your life.

P.S. I met the Elder in my mission that is from my Grandma and Grandpa Loveland's ward! He is in my Distric :)

No comments:

Post a Comment