Sis Loveland

Sis Loveland

Thursday, June 2, 2016

What are you GRATEFUL for?

So this week has been crazy busy!!! We have a awesome investigator Dustin!!! I really have never seen anyone more ready.... well I have but its awesome to see it again! All in one day we taught Dustin the 3 different lessons ( the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Plan of Salvation, and the Word of Wisdom) We were able to do this because he asked us to come back all in the same day!!! His Girlfriend is a Less active member so we taught him once with her and the second time just with him on the porch. He has been reading the Book of Mormon for 3 years and has never been taught by Missionaries before!!! I just thought that was crazy!!! Why would any missionary let a Golden investigator just slip though there fingers!!! So also awesome news!! Dustin came to church this Sunday too!!!! He already is trying to quite smoking and drinking, i truly love being able to see how the Restored Gospel can change someones life so much!!!

So other things that have happen this week, well we found 3 new Less actives that we are starting to teach next week!!! We are praying that we will be able to find people though them as we ask for referrals. I know are prays can be answered we just got to exercise our faith! 

Things have been super fun here in Hamilton!!! My goal right now is to not kill my companion. She doesn't have the best health and get tired very quickly so i am trying to pace the work in a way that doesn't ware her out to quickly and get her sick. All I can say is that is I am so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with good health and a strong body that can go through a lot of stress and still be able to go forth and do His work.

So no the reason for my title today... I ask what are you grateful for? simply because Sunday during church I here a very profound statement in one of the talks that were given and that was, " The things we take for granted. someone else is praying for." That statement sunk deep in my heart as i hear those words. On Sunday i had a lot of time to ponder this, because my companion got food poisoning from eating some bad Pork. Yeah that was a lovely sight to see... lol not really! So back to what I was saying, as I pondered this profound statement i quickly realized how truly blessed i am and how i need to stop and just be grateful for everything the Lord has given my and my family. So at the instant i got on my knees and just offered a prayer of Gratitude to the the Lord and all i can say is Wow!!! That was the most spirit filled prayer I have ever had in my life. I would like to invite you all to get on your knees when ever you have the opportunity and just give thanks to your Heavenly Father for everything he had given you and your family! Because seriously I know that it is just as important to give thanks to our Heavenly Father and Savior as it is to ask them for help. Alma 7:23 reads, " And now I would that ye should be humble, and be submissive and gentle; and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive." It is so important for us to give thanks because as we give thanks we show our love for your Father in Heaven.

Thank you for all that your do and all your loving support!! Remember you are all loved by your Father in Heaven and he is always there for you when you are in need. He is always waiting for you to take his hand and let him help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment