Sis Loveland

Sis Loveland

Monday, October 31, 2016

Random Snow Fall in the State of New York

Hello my fellow Humans!!!!

Well this week has been a blast!!!!! Lots of Laughter! Getting lost! And preparing for another baptism!!!!

So as you all know last week we had a baptism and I am so excited to say that on the 5th we will have another 2 baptisms!!!! 

So we have some pretty awesome investigators right now and they are all doing wonderfully!!! We have one particularity that is coming to mind right now. Her name is Karen, she is a sweet older lady who taking care of a daughter with severe brain trauma from a few years ago, and is also taking care of 2 of her grandchildren because both there parents had passed away. So a few days ago we met with her and went over the Plan of Salvation. WOW that was a powerful lesson!!! Karen had lot of deep questions such as, " I know how I felt when I lost my daughter, do you think God felt the same way when his Son died?" It was amazing being at that moment, the spirit really took over. Sister Gneiting and I really have no idea what we said after that for we both know that the Spirit really was working through us. At the end of the lesson everyone was crying and Karen said "you answered my question, I feel a warm hug all around me right now. And I now know for my self that God felt as I did when His Only Begotten Son died." It was so amazing to see the spirit really work with so many people!!!!

Haha she also made us some "Mormon Muffins" they are oddly enough really good!!! Here is the recipe:
Mormon Muffins!
-2 cups of boiling water
-5 teaspoons baking soda
-1 cup shortening
-2 cups granulated sugar
-4 eggs
-5 cups all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 quart buttermilk
-4 cups all-bran cereal
-2 cups bran flakes
-1 cup chopped walnuts

Combines water and backing soda. Stir until dissolved. Cool.
In a large mixing bowl, cream sugar and shortening
Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition
Combine flour and salt and add to cream mixture alternately with buttermilk
Fold in both cereals and nuts
Fill greased of paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full
Bake at 350oF for 25-30 minutes until they test done
Muffins batter may be kept for 1 week in refrigerator and baked in smaller batches in desired


Also this week we sadly had to drop a Investigator as well, and that lesson was pretty intense too. It was with a guy names Marc. Marc wasn't taking what we were teaching him seriously, so we had a good talk with him. During that lesson a thought came to my mind of something someone told me during my mission. So I grabbed a pen and asked Marc to try to drop the pen. So Marc continued to drop the pen and I explained to him that he dropped it i said to try to drop it. Then he hand me the pen back and I explained that you cant try to love the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Either you do or you dont. After that we both shared a sold testimony of how we know the Gospel can and will change his life if he would let it.



I know that the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ will bless everyone's life as we live it to its fullest. It is amazing to see how the Gospel truly has changed so many peoples lives as I have been on His mission. I know I am just a instrument in the Lords hands and man it is amazing to see how through the spirit peoples lives have been changed. I truly love this Gospel and I am so grateful to be a servant for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment