Sis Loveland

Sis Loveland

Monday, June 6, 2016

Wonderful week full of laughs!!!

So this week has gone by super fast!!! Like I dont even know what happen to this week all i know its that it is gone and its now my favorite day of the week MONDAY!!!! once again. But it still has been a fun week!!! So this week we were able to do probably the best service ever!!! We helped our neighbor run her TACO TRUCK!!! It was so much fun!! I got to help her make all the food as Sister Fausett was outside making the menu boards. I had so much fun!!!! It reminded me how much fun it is to cook and make people happy with the food you make them. That just brought me so much joy and i got to talk with all the people at the Antique show that was going on. Our neighbor was very grateful as well because she learned she was kinda way over her head with the Taco Truck... lets just say it is a good thing i can work very fast under pressure because i think if we weren't there helping during Lunch time she would have had to stop. Everyone that came and got tacos left happy people and it let the town know who we are as well. So it was like blessing pilled on top of even more blessings.





All of our investigator and less actives are doing wonderfully! One of our Returning Less Actives has the goal of going to the temple. So we are helping him prepare to recieve the Melchizedek priesthood and then work towards the temple so that is super exciting!!! We also were able to meet some really awesome people as we were trying to find some less actives. One was actually a referral from a member in Utah. Her name is Janet she is 86 years old and she is a spit fire!!! She is in assisted living facility. She is super friendly and willing to learn about the church. She truly i such a sweet heart. Today we also met a pervious investigator named Josh as we were shopping. We have a appointment to see him Wednesday. Boy oh Boy is Hamilton prepared!!! It truly think it is amazing to see the Lords hand in his work and see how you are just the instrument for him.

So awesome news!! I am now in 3 Nephi with my Book of Mormon reading!!! and if anyone knows me this is a huge deal because on a rare occasion have I ever gotten this far in the Book of Mormon. I have come to know and love the Book of Mormon very much! Before I left on my mission it was like pulling teeth to get me to ever want to read and now here I am a year into my mission and I feel like it is more like pulling teeth to get me to put the scriptures done. Every morning as i get to study for a hour i get so energized to feel the powerful spirit that comes from reading the scriptures and feel the spirit testify to you that what you are reading is true. It is just so amazing!!!!! 

This week we have had many opportunity to share and read Joseph Smiths first vision. It truly is a amazing time in church history. It is such a great opportunity to serve here in New York were it all began! In Joseph Smith History verse 11-17 when Joseph Smith tells of his experience and how he acted on the knowledge that he did have. I want to focus on verse 16 for just a minute it reads, " But, exerting all my power to call upon God to deliver me out of the power of this enemy which had seized upon me, and at the very moment when I was ready to sink into despair and abandon myself to destruction.- not to an imaginary ruin, but to the power of some actual being from the unseen world, who had such marvelous power as I had never before felt in any being- just at this moment of great alarm, I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, about the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until if fell upon me." Out of all the thing Joseph Smith shares with his experience this is for some odd reason always the part that stands out to me because it shows 1. how merciful and loving our Heavenly Father truly has for all of his children 2. it shows the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how infinite it can be in our lives and 3. it shows how we and children of God should never give up when times get rough because he will always be there to pull us up and help us though all of our trials. I never though about the first vision in this way till I gained a testimony of the First vision and of the Atonement. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that he did see God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ. I have a shirt that I got on my mission, it has a picture of the Scared Grove on the Back and around the picture it says, " This past changed the world, now let it change your life. I would like to invite yo all to let this experience that Joseph Smith had change you life. I know that it is though knowing that Joseph Smith is the prophet of the restoration that makes it so powerful of a experience to read the Book of Mormon. Because " no evil man would write such a book" I invite you all to watch this video and truly listen to the powerful words in which Elder Holland speaks and then to get your knees and do as I have said over and over again in all my emails and ask God if Joseph Smith is truly the prophet of Restorations and if he really did bring the same church that Christ established on the earth again.


I love you all and i am so truly grateful for all your love and support! I know Heavenly Father hears all your prayers and will answer you though the power of the Holy Ghost. 


No comments:

Post a Comment