Sis Loveland

Sis Loveland

Monday, February 22, 2016

#NewYorkIsCrazy

So big thing going on is that the wonderful city of Watertown has a out break of Bed Bugs. So Sister Tesch and I get to be extra Ninja like in making ensure we don't get bed bugs. The work in Watertown will keep on going even if the city is covered in Bed Bugs as long as we don't have them we are good :) 

We had a bit of a heat wave this week which was a blessing in disguise because i really was getting tired of putting on 3 or 4 layers on tights. It is suppose to get really really cold again this week so we will see what happens because the weather here has some hard core mood swings.

So this week our goal as a companionship is to find some new investigators. We still have a lot but some of them aren't progressing as much as we wish they would be. We sadly don't have anyone with a baptismal date right now... since it has been so cold all investigators have been sick and we haven't been able to see them and like i said near the being of this paragraph they aren't progressing as much as they could be right now. We are still super busy sometimes i wish we had 30 hours in a day so then we can have that extra 6 to see more people. We have been able to fine some Less Actives that haven't been in contact with missionaries for a long time and that was great! 


So I have come to love Sundays while being on my mission.... Like really with out Sundays I think I would have found myself in a loony ben by now. I look forward to every Sunday knowing that it will help me so much to make it though the week. Oh how I cherish the opportunity to partake for the sacrament every Sunday. This as I listening to on of the speakers a phrase from the scriptures kept going though my head, "Spiritually Minded is Life Eternal" so as i was sitting next to one of our recent converts (Victoria) I went on a scripture chase to fine that scripture and i found it , 2 Nephi 9:39; " O, my beloved brethren, remember the awfulness in transgressing against that Holy God, and also the awfulness of yielding to the enticing of the cunning one. Remember, to be carnally-minded is death, and to be spiritually- minded is life eternal." As I was pondering this scripture for a time i noticed something so unique it spelt SMILE- Spiritually- Minded- Is- Life- Eternal. Then it all hit me like a ton of bricks, the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ will make one smile as we have the knowledge that the gospel is restored though the prophet Joseph Smith and that our Savior Jesus Christ lives today and forever. I want to invite you all to watch is amazing video that the church as just recently made and then take some time and see how the Gospel has made you happy. http://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/collection/gods-plan/we-can-find-happiness I know that as you watch the video and ponder how the Gospel has brought happiness in your life you will be able to feel the spirit and be able to gain that confirming witness that the Gospel of Jesus Chrsit is true.

I love you all and thank you for all your love and support :) 
So i forgot a huge part of our week... sister tesch and i found a huge flood in the church on Tuesday!!! there was about 3 inches of water down the hall ... Early that day we found a broken pipe in a Recent converts home... We were super heros finding broken pipes and finding floods and saving souls!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment