Sis Loveland

Sis Loveland

Monday, November 9, 2015

Transfer #4 accomplished!!!!



Well its been a crazy week! It has been a mixture of slow and fast. I have had so much fun here in Utica but now I will be on my way back to Liverpool again to 2nd transfer train a visa waiter. So that is super exciting!!! Her name is Sister Sellers, she is waiting for her visa to go to Brazil. So while i train her i will get to learn Portuguese!!!! 

I cant believe that on Nov 13th i will be hitting my 6 month mark!!! Craziness!!!!!!!! It feels like just yesterday I was sitting on a plane for the first time heading to New York. 

Today was probably one of my favorite days!!! while we did our laundry at the mission home, I made cinnamon rolls for the APs, the Utica walk elders, my comps, the mission office senior couples and President and Sister Rogers. It was so much fun!!! It honestly brings me so much joy being able to put a smile on someones face through baked goods! I just love it!!!!! Being a missionary i dont get to bake as much as i would like but when i do, I have so much fun!!!! like seriously there really is nothing better then baking, it really like is my de-stresser. 

Anyways, i am sick and tired of pizza! That is all anyone feeds us in New York because apparently New York pizza is the famous and is the most amazing thing in the world and everytime i eat it all i can think is " this is bland my mom can make better pizza, why would anyone want to spend money on this it taste like cardboard" but oh well New Yorkers like it and I eat everything that is placed in front of me so i eat it anyways :)

So this week have been lots of fun! Minus Tuesday, It was super long and boring and i just wanted to poke my eyes out with a spoon. Anyways, we have been teaching a lot of people here in Utica. They have a Baptism on the 14th and just when i was transfered from Fonda I wont be able to be there for the Baptism. But thats ok, I know the baptism are good but bring people unto Christ is better and I love doing it.

On Sunday I spoke in Church, I just love speaking in church. It brings me so much joy being able to testify of the truthfulness of the restored gospel the the members of the church and help build of there testimonies. So I spoke about our Savior Jesus Christ, best topic ever!!! I first though I am a missionary this will be easy, but as i went though the week think about and praying about what to say it got harder and harder. At first i was like Ill just pull out my farewell talk i basically talked about our Savior Jesus Christ then. But that didnt feel right, I had to prepare a different talk because the Utica Ward has different needs. As I prepared I found a talk by Elder Melvin J. Ballard, and today i want to share with you my favorite part of it and I encourage you all to read it for yourself. it reads, " As I approached to be introduced, he arose and stepped towards me with extended arms, and He smiled as He softly spoke my name. If I shall live to be a million years old, I shall never forget that smile . He took me into His arms and kissed me, pressed me to His bosom, and blessed me, until the marrow of my bones seemed to melt! When He had finished , I fell at His feet, and, as I bathed them with my tears and kisses, I say the prints of the nails in the feet of the Redeemer of the world. The feeling the I had in the presence of Him who hath all things in His hands, to have His love, His affection, and His blessing was such that if I can receive that of which I had but a foretaste, I would give all that I am, all that I ever hope to be, to feel what I then felt! ... I see Jesus not now upon the cross. I do not see His brow pierced wiht thorns not His hands torn with the nails, but I see him smiling, with extended arms, saying to us all: Come unto me!"  https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/12/i-know-that-he-lives?lang=eng

I love you all and I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission for our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment