Sis Loveland

Sis Loveland

Monday, September 21, 2015

Hey yall from upstate New York

Well things are going good! I decided I have short term memory lost because once again, Sister Loveland cant remember her week lol. we were feed alot!!!!!!! like we had lunch and dinner appt almost everyday this week!!!! so in other terms ( we have lots of left overs) but it has been a good week.

Transfers are coming up just around the corner, we get transfer calls Saturday the 26th and the 30th is transfer day. So that should be lots of fun!!! I am just praying for the best to happen for our area.

 Sister Hale and I taught a awesome lesson with some less actives this week and surprisingly enough it was about the Atonement as well. We were reading out of 3 Nephi 11 and while we were reading i fell in love with verses 11-17 it reads, "And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning.And it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words the whole multitude fell to the earth; for they remembered that it had been prophesied among them that Christ should show himself unto them after his ascension into heaven.And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto them saying:Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come.And when they had all gone forth and had witnessed for themselves, they did cry out with one accord, saying:Hosanna! Blessed be the name of the Most High God! And they did fall down at the feet of Jesus, and did worship him." It got me thinking how would we feel if we were there and were able to feel of Christ wound? Now its your turn to think and reflect upon that moment in 3 Nephi 11? How would you feel if you were able to be apart of the multitude? 
We also were able to meet with alot of potential investigators and we feel soon will pick one of them up as a investigator soon. Frank and Fransica have so much potential and really are in need of the Gospel. We see them again Wednesday this week. I am so excited!!!!

I talked in church this week, I was a emergency back up because the youth speaker wasn't able to make it. I learned truly learned how powerful pray is, i was praying to know what to talk about because it was my choice sense it was such short notice. I really wanted to speak on what the lord wanted me to and not what i wanted to. so Saturday night i knelt in prayer right before i prepared my talk and I felt i needed to talk about sacrament and the atonement. So I was relying on the spirit to help me prepare. It is amazing how much the spirit can help us day to day. Everything came perfectly and i was able to have a talk that help so many people in the ward remember what the sacrament and why we have the atonement.
It is kinda funny because earlier this week I taught my companion Sister Hale about how important the atonement is and why we have been asked to repent continuously. I really just love sharing with people the importance of the atonement and we we have it in our lives. It has changed my life so much and with out it i would be on a mission today. I know the atonement is really and it is here to bless our lives. Christ love us all so much we was willing to die for us. Shouldn't we use the gift that he gave us? Because it truly is a gift to know that we can be forgiven for everything, and that we can find peace and comfort when we are in need of it. He wants us to use the atonement he really does .... you can never ask to much for our savior.


by the way this was my district this transfer. starting form the top left going down is Sister Searle, Sister Holden, Sister Hale, then me. Bottom starting form the left Elder Connole, Elder Smith, Elder Marvis, then Elder Baker. They are all wonderful people!!!!
--
Love the Lord with all your Heart <3
-Sister Maraiha Loveland (Potato-Head)

No comments:

Post a Comment