Sis Loveland

Sis Loveland

Monday, November 21, 2016

Last Week! Here We Go!!!!

Well first of New York is special because it Snowed once again!!!!!!! HAHA goodness I love the snow!!!! 

So this week has been basically the usually nothing freaking amazing happened other then we were blessed in being able to attend the Hartford, Connecticut temple dedication!!!! Oh what a blessing that was to be there. The spirit was so strong, I know that the Lord did indeed expect that wonderful temple as his house! During the dedication Elder Holland spoke he said, " Make yourself Holy for He is Holy and if we desire to be with Him we must be like Him."  I love that because it made me really think why we are asked to be worthy of attending the Temple, its not because we need to prove it to anyone but we need to be worthy because it is through our worthiness that we show our Father in Heaven that we are worthy of Him and His Son. For as we are in the temple we stand in their presents.

Also this week we had a wonderful ZTM (Zone Training Meeting) It really was awesome minus the fact I had my Farewell testimony. I really didn't want to bare my testimony but I am grateful I did. Sister Gneiting and I also did a training on teaching Repentance and helping those we teach understand what sinning is. It was great, it really as a learning experience. I learned that sinning is over all willingly going against Gods Commandments. And that it includes the Little and the Big things. So if we dont read our scriptures we need to repent because it is a commandment to read. I think I learned more then the missionaries we were training. Also during the meeting, I received the sweetest impression that the Lord is really please with me and the work I have done. It really brought a lot of peace to my mind.


After ZTM we had exchanges with the sisters from Glens Falls, we did a lot of finding and that is basically everything we did. I felt bad because all of our appointments fell through. So that was sad but it was still lots of fun. 

Then Lastly we went to a cute little bakery called Leah's Cakery! It was so cute!!! On of our Investigators took us and goodness I loved it!!! I got a cute little cupcake and man oh man it was so good!!!!! They had the cutest little phrase " Sugar, Flour, and Love its what makes magic happen"

This week I know I have talked about it before but I want to mention it one more time. So as I have been preparing myself to attend the temple on the 28th. I have decided to read Joseph Smith History once again. Oh how the church began really is the sweetest thing ever. As I was reading the spirit was so strong. I got to a part where the Prophet Joseph was telling of how much persecution he had to deal with right after her had this wonderful experience. Then Joseph said this, " However, it was nevertheless a fact that I had beheld a vision. I have thought since, that I felt much like Paul, when he made his defense before King Agrippa, and related the account of the vision he had when he saw a light, and heard a voice; but still there were but few who believed him; some said he was dishonest, others said he was mad; and he was ridiculed and reviled. But all this did not destroy the reality of his vision. He had seen a vision, he knew he had, and all the persecution under heaven could not make it otherwise; and though they should persecute him unto death, yet he knew, and would know to his latest breath, that he had both seen a light and heard a voice speaking unto him, and all the world could not make him think or believe otherwise. So it was with me. I had actually seen a light, and in the midst of that light I saw two Personages,and they did in reality speak to me; and though I was hated and persecuted for saying that I had seen a vision, yet it was true; and while they were persecuting me, reviling me, and speaking all manner of evil against me falsely for so saying, I was led to say in my heart: Why persecute me for telling the truth? I have actually seen a vision; and who am I that I can withstand God, or why does the world think to make me deny what I have actually seen? For I had seen a vision; I knew it, and I knew that God knew it, and I could not deny it, neither dared I do it; at least I knew that by so doing I would offend God, and come under condemnation." I love how he explains he could not deny it. I know that after serving the Lords mission I can not deny the miracles that I have seen and I can not deny the power of the Atonement and I can not deny that I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been fully restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it is Another Testament of Jesus Christ. I know the Priesthood is the power and authority to act in Gods name and I am so grateful for it and it being here on the earth today. I know the Plan of Salvation is in fact Gods plan of all of his children so then we can be with him again and be with our families forever and all eternity. I am so grateful for this wonderful opportunity to serve the Lords mission. I really could not change it for the world.

Thank you all for your love and support. This is my last email, after that I will be home with in 8 days. So if you would like to email me, my home email is maraihaloveland@gmail.com. You can also message me of Facebook as of the 27th. Have a wonderful week and my the Lord bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment