Sis Loveland

Sis Loveland

Monday, September 26, 2016

"Man up and play the Tuba" -Keith Simpson

So this week has been pretty great! We had tracked and tracked and did a little more track-ting. Haha! We probably didn't do that much tracting but it sure felt like it. Our Zone had the goal of passing out 600 Books of Mormon in the Month of September. So each companionship in our zone need to pass out about 40 books. So Sister Rodriguez and I have been doing all we can to Fluid the Hamilton area with the Book of Mormon. So for it has been quite the adventure!


So as I mentioned last week our investigator Lacey is getting baptized on October 15th. I am so excited for her!!!! She is progressing so well and she is now turning to the Lord on her own for help when she needs it. It really is the sweetest thing to see how the Lord really touches the hearts of his children and how the Gospel can change lives forever.

Also pretty soon Sister Rodriguez and I will be getting to go to the temple with one of the recently returned less actives! So on October 8th, I will get to go to the temple a 2nd time before i go home. Oh how blessed i feel to be able to got to the Lords house while i am serving a full time mission.


So i am so excited for General Conference!!! I am so excited Sister Rodriguez and I have a count down. Only 6 more days till we get to hear the sweet words and council from our beloved Prophet. This last few days I have been reflecting on all the fun things my parents did for us kids when i came to General Conference. For one instants i remember my sweet parents sharing the story of King Benjamin addressing his people. I remember my dad explaining that King Benjamin's address was basically the first General Conference and that as the people turned there tents towards him their hearts were touched by the spirit. Then when Conference came my mom made us a tent so we can have our hearts touched by the spirit just like King Benjamin's peoples were. So many fun memories form my childhood. As Conference is approaching please remember the wise word in which King Benjamin spoke, " My Brethren, all ye that have assembled yourselves together, you that can hear my words which I shall speak unto you this day; for I have not commanded you to come up hither to trifle with the words which I shall speak, but taught you should hearken unto me, and open your ears that ye may hear, and your minds that the mysteries of God may be unfolded to your view."

No comments:

Post a Comment