Sis Loveland

Sis Loveland

Monday, July 25, 2016

Im gonna be a Momma!!!!!!!! I am Training !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Saturday I got a call form President!!! I was sacred out of my mind because president only calls for leadership when it is the end of the transfer. When I was talking to him he told me that I will be training a new missionary fresh from the Mission Training Center.


So you can understand the title of my email. In my mission when you train a new missionary you are called there mom, because you are teaching them the ways of being a missionary. Just like a mom teaches her child the ways of being a good human. So because i will be training I am going to be a MOM!!! And have my first and only mission baby!!! I will be picking her up on Wednesday and boy oh boy am I excited!!!! I know that this is Heavenly Fathers way of helping me finish my mission strong!!

So this week has been crazy we had exchanges on Friday and that was oddly enjoyable. I got to see some of the old people I taught when I was in New Hartford. So that was such a tender mercy because I honestly hate exchanges. So That was a bonus!!!! 


Also on Saturday, Our branch had a Pioneer Day celebration. Oh that was lots of fun!! We did the Famous Joseph Smith Stick pull. Had a really good Cook Out (BBQ) and had a wonderful time talking to all the Branch members out side of Church. 


Also on Sunday I had the wonderful opportunity to speak in church!!! I spoke about "How the Gospel can change Attitude and Behavior" I would like to share with you all a few things that I shared in my talk. For me I like to refer to this change as a " Mighty Change of Heart" In Alma 5 its says, " And according to his faith there was a mighty change wrought in his heart. Behold I say unto you that this is all true.  And behold, he preached the word unto your fathers, and a mighty change was also wrought in their hearts, and they humbled themselves and put their trust in the true and living God. And behold, they were faithful until the end; therefore they were saved. And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your heart?" I love the concept of a mighty change of heart because it always refers to becoming converted unto the Lord and having that firm testimony that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I wont to take a moment and reflect on the story of the 10 virgins. Everyone knows the parable for the most part, 5 had only before the bridegroom came and the other 5 did not. So lets look at the Lamp that holds the only as a testimony. All 10 of the virgins had a testimonial of the Restored Gospel. Now lets look at the oil as a conversion. In the parable only 5 had the oil need to shine the way. Our life here on earth is to become truly converted unto the Lord, Jesus Christ. How else are we suppose to prepare for when he comes again. So here is my question to you all, Are you going to be of the 5 that are converted and have the oil ready to shine the way to meet our savior? or are you going to be of the 5 that just has a lamp with no oil that is wondering in the darkness trying to go get some only? 

i know that as we are converted unto our Savior and his gospel we will be ready for when he comes again and he will know us for his light will shine about us. 

Thank you all for all the Love and support!!!! You are all amazing sons and Daughters of God!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment