Sis Loveland

Sis Loveland

Monday, April 11, 2016

Vermont Fun!!!!!

Well this week has just been so much fun!!! Sister Thao and I have probably laughed enough for all of Vermont! We truly are just having a blast! So this morning we had the best member ever take us out to Breakfast and a cute little diner! That was a blast, we talked about everything under the sun when it came do to topics about the Gospel!



So this week has full of spiritual highs and downs. We were super busy with many service opportunities and if anyone knows me, I am a service junky so we put on our service clothes and went to work! We first did our usual service which is at the Food bank, the Library, and at the Habitat for humanities here. Then there was my favorite part of our service! We helped so members that did lawn keeping do some fun hard work. We helped them gather up sticks and old broken branches for him to burn. I don't know why i think gathering stick to burn was fun but it was out side out in the woods and it was just beautiful to be there!

So all the people we are teaching are doing great!!! Larry is doing good, pray for him. He starts he radiation and chemo therapy this week so we wont be able to see him as much. He has such a heart of gold and it breaks my heart to see people go through this. But on the plus side, Larry watched General Conference all on his own with out us even inviting him to. He knew it was coming up and asked his son to direct him how to get there and he watched all 5 sessions (Saturday morning and afternoon, Priesthood, and Sunday morning and afternoon) Oh my goodness!!! It is truly amazing to see how the lords prepares his chosen people! All I can say is I truly love being a missionary during this time!!!

So recently I have been doing alot of thinking of why I am on a mission. As I have thought about this it it me that i have about 7 months left! Oh how i wish this time was longer. 18 months truly is not enough time. In this process I was continue deeply reading and studying the Book of Mormon for the first time. As I have been looking back on my study journal I noticed how the faithfulness of Nephi son of Lehi played such a huge role in the faithfulness of the future generations to come through out the Book of Mormon. I am not excitingly in Alma 34! and man there is so much i have learned!!! On of the major things i have learned over and over again in the Book of Mormon is Faith in your Savior and his Atonement = Everlasting and Eternal Life. Which truly is the greatest gift we have been given from God!!! I would like to leave you all this a scripture that has sunk deep into my heart and pray it will sink deep into yours Alma 33:23 " And now, my brethren, I desire that ye shall plan this work in your hearts, and as it beginneth to sell even so nourish it by your faith. And behold, it will become a tree, springing up in you unto everlasting life. And then may God grant unto you that your burdens may be light, through the joy of his Son. And even all this can ye do if ye will. Amen" I know that though our faith we will be able to see miracles happen and we will be blessed so very much!!!

Thank you all for all your thoughts and prayers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment