Sis Loveland

Sis Loveland

Monday, April 18, 2016

Crazy Fun Week!!!

This week has been full of adventures!!! And lots of gratitude for having the wonderful companion that i do. At the begining of this week it went by pretty slow, then on Wednesday we have a wonderful Zone Training Meeting were we felt the spirit so strong as we learned about the importantance of being a "Urgent Missionary". All i can say is WOW being a missionary is great!! I really do know that as we put the Lords work first we will be able to see so many miracles in our lives! Then after all that we went on exchanges with the Saratoga Sisters, man that was a gratitude experience! I am so grateful for Sister Thao!!!! The Saratoga Sisters house was a mess and they were just so lazy and taught as if they didn't really care about the people they were being unto Christ and more like they just wanted baptism! I am so so so grateful for Sister Thao and the fact that we truly love and care for those we teach!!


So awesome news!!!!! I got fresh milk!!!! there is a sweet member in the branch that goes to a local dairy and buys fresh milk and bless her sweet soul, we went over for dinner and she gave me 1/2 a gallon!!! with some home made butter!!! MHMM I was just on cloud nine!!!! I just love fresh milk!!! Then a sweet brother in the ward gave us fresh eggs! I was so happy!!! I just love when people help me feel a little at home :) 



So i have officially tried Shark meat...yes you read that right shark meat! its not that bad, it kinda taste like awkward tuna but with more meaty flavor. I liked it, but the real question is will i eat it ever again probably not. It wasn't my favorite fishy food :)

So the work is going good, we met a lot with less actives this week. And that was lots of fun! It truly is such a joy to share the restored gospel of Jesus Christ! This Sunday I spoke in church on the wonderful talk that Elder Holland gave i focused a lot about Gods love for us and how he will never desert us in our time of need. I share a wonderful story that i remembered hearing in a past General Conference its all Footprints, "One night a man had a dream. He dreamed He was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from His life. For each scene He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonging to Him and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of His life flashed before Him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of His life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of His life.

This really bothered Him and He questioned the LORD about it. LORD you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.

The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you." 

I truly love this story simply because i know that Heavenly Father does love us and care about us and he will NEVER leave us during our times of trial. 

We need to always remember if we want to be blessed awe much do as the lord commands and that is to "keep his commandments" even whent he going gets tough, the tough must keep going! We are all sons and daughters of god! We can not let the world over come our discipleship! Stand tall and know you are love and you will be blessed!

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment