Sis Loveland

Sis Loveland

Monday, January 11, 2016

MY FIRST BAPTISM THIS SATURDAY!!!!

This Saturday is going to be so much fun!! Our investigator Larry Colton is getting baptized on the 16th!!!!! I am so excited it is my first baptism since i have been out on my mission. After 8 months of diligently working and striving to be a obedient servant of the Lord I get the blessing of being able to witness one Gods children make a life changing decision as they enter the waters of baptism.  I cant express how happy i am right now!!!!! This is like the Icing one a freaking amazing chocolate cake!!!! 


So nothings really new, right now we are just really busy and we haven't had much time to do anything really. We have so many people to see just not enough time in our week to see them all. President Rogers advice us to focus on 5 investigators and help those 5 to keep progressing. So we are going to try that out this week and see if by some miracle we have more time in our week to find new people to teach. But other then that everything is going great! I love being a missionary i really wouldn't trade it for the world! This week has felt like it would never end mostly because I want the 16th to come faster! But we do have a new investigator, her name is Bethany! She is 20 and has had a really hard life. She is going back to school to get her high school diploma and that is awesome!!! She really wants to be able to make something of herself. It was amazing to see how prepared she is. She was a referral for the Elders in Pulaski. The taught her the Plan of Salvation and wow i have never seen someone Heavenly Fathers plan so much! I cant wait to teach her more about the Gospel Tuesday! I love being able to see the Lords hand in his work :) there really is nothing better!!!!!!

So as I have been studying this week I have found some of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon. Today I was reading out of Mosiah 4 and wow I love that chapter!!! I love learning about repentance and i was so much fun being able to read of how King Benjamin was able to teach his people and how the spirit touched the heart of the people and helped them have a desire to change. I know that we are able to be forgiven and have a change of heart all through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It truly is amazing to see people here in New York have a change of heart and start to repent. I absolutely love verse 2 in Mosiah 4 it reads, " and they had viewed themselves in their own carnal state, even less than the dust of the earth. And they all cried aloud with one voice, saying; o have mercy, and apply the atoning blood of Christ that we may receive forgiveness of our sins and our hearts may be purified for we believe in Jesus Christ , the Son of God, who created heaven and earth and all things; who shall come down among the children of men." then in verse 3 it says, " and it came to pass that after they had spoken these words they Spirit of the Lord came upon then, and they were filled with joy, having received a remission of their sins, and having peace of conscience, because of the exceeding faith which they had in Jesus Christ who should come, according to the words which king Benjamin had spoken unto them." Just as these scriptures testify I know that Heavenly Father will always forgive us because he does love us and wants us to all return to him :) 

I love you all and I am so grateful for all the love and support you have shown to me! Thank you for all your prayers!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment